At EdenGroup we pride ourselves on offering an easy, fully compliant and flexible umbrella employment solution for contractors.
We aim to provide you with the best possible individual service and
easy to understand advice so you can concentrate on your current assignment or start planning your next one.
The information below is intended to help you understand more about EdenGroup and whether a PAYE Umbrella company is right for you.
What is a PAYE Umbrella company?
PAYE Umbrella companies provide contractors with a tax efficient, fully compliant and safe way to maximise their net income from assignments.
By using an Umbrella company, contractors are able to offset genuine business expenses* against the tax burden incurred during their assignments, subject to HMRC guidelines.
What are the benefits of an Umbrella company?
- Offsetting genuine business expenses* considerably reduces your tax burden
- We will make sure that you receive all income, net of the appropriate tax, National Insurance and overheads
- We will arrange your contract with the agency you choose to work with
- There is no cost to join or leave the service. You can use our service for all your assignments
- Your employment rights continue to accrue between your assignments
- You have the option of retaining a percentage of your income to be taken as holiday pay when you need it
- Fax, post or email your time sheets, if applicable, and we will do the rest
- Receive free Employers Liability insurance to £10m, Public Liability insurance to £5m and Professional Indemnity to £2m
Who is eligible to use an Umbrella company?
- Contractors starting up who expect to work on multiple assignments through an agency for the foreseeable future
- Contractors who are subject to IR35
- Contractors who do not want the additional administration and financial concern involved with running their own limited company
- Contractors wishing to maximise their net pay by offsetting their genuine business expenses* against their tax
- New contractors who think they may struggle with the responsibilities of running their own company
- Contractors who want to avoid the costly process of forming a company and then arranging for it to be dissolved
*Following the changes to legislation relating to temporary workers in April 2016, we consider all our workers to be subject to either supervision, direction or control. All assignments are therefore classed as being based at permanent workplaces, meaning travel and subsistence to that place of work are not permitted to be paid as non-taxable. However, in certain circumstances travel and subsistence may be permitted when agreed or advised by EdenGroup.